The 19th annual Symposium on Computer Animation (SCA) will be held in Montreal, Canada, August 24-26, and the symposium will be hosted at McGill University in Canada.
SCA is the premier forum for innovations in the software and technology of computer animation. It unites researchers and practitioners working on all aspects of time-based phenomena. Our focused, intimate gathering, with single track program and emphasis on community interaction, makes SCA the best venue to exchange research results, get inspired, and set up collaborations. We hope to see you in Montréal!
We invite submission of original, high-quality papers on computer animation, broadly defined as computation dealing with time-varying phenomena. Each submission will be refereed on the basis of technical quality, novelty, significance, and clarity.
All accepted papers will be published in the journal Computer Graphics Forum. Find the LaTeX template here.
We invite work on a broad range of topics, including:
- 2D, 3D, and N-D animation systems
- Autonomous characters
- Clothing animation and simulation
- Expressive motion / communication
- Facial animation
- Group and crowd behavior
- Intuitive interfaces for creating and editing animations
- Mathematical foundations of animation
- Methods of control and artistic direction of simulations
- Machine learning techniques for animation
- Nature in motion (natural phenomena, plants, clouds, …)
- New time-based art forms on the computer
- Novel time-varying phenomena
- Perceptual metrics and foundations of animation
- Physical realism / measuring the real world for animation
- Physical simulation
- Fluid animation
- Planning / learning / optimization for animation
- Real-time and interactive methods
- Camera control methods for computer animation
- Sound and speech for animation
as well as on related problems in robotics, game development, human-computer interaction, simulation, visualization, computer vision, and others.
Stunning new game or VFX demo?
Cutting edge research or technical results?
Practical solution to common industry problem?
Submission deadline (already camera ready format with authors): July 23
If you are excited to share new ideas and insights with animation professionals and researchers then SCA Showcase Submissions wants you!
This year SCA is inviting members of the animation community to submit short showcase works to be presented at SCA alongside the latest academic progress. A showcase submission consists of a 1-2 page description along with an image reel, video or demo to highlight the contribution. Each submission will be evaluated by an international committee of animation experts (from both industry and academia) and accepted submissions will be presented at SCA alongside other showcase submissions and state-of-the-art academic research.
Showcase presentations can take any form, from a slide-based talk to a live demo, and will also appear in a summary of the proceedings of the conference.
Find the template here!
All dates are 2020 at 23:59 UTC.
- Title and Abstract Submission: May 4
- Paper Submission: May 7
- Paper Notification: June 24
- Paper Revised Version: July 1
- Approval of the revision: July 13
- Paper Final Notification: July 15
- Camera-ready Paper: July 23
- Poster Submission: TBA
- Poster Notification: TBA
- Symposium: August 24-26
We look forward to welcoming you to Montréal. More details about the venue, including travel and accommodation info, are forthcoming.